Changes in switchDiskSizeBase v2.0 beta:
- Mac OS X v10.7 or later is required (OS X Mountain Lion is supported)
- Added option for changing the unit symbols to the corresponding IEC units (e.g. KiB instead of KB)
- Added dual display option (see screenshot below)
- Uses a dynamic library to override the function that generates file/disk size strings instead of patching it. This should hopefully reduce the chance that updates to switchDiskSizeBase will be needed to maintain compatibility with future OS X versions.
- Due to the way switchDiskSizeBase works now an install of Xcode or the Xcode command line tools is required. If the Xcode app is installed it may need to be run at least once in order to agree to the EULA.
- switchDiskSizeBase v2.0 beta only changes the file/disk size display for the Finder and Quick Look
- switchDiskSizeBase v2.0 beta is distributed under the simplified BSD license instead of GPL v3.
Copyright (c) 2012, brkirch All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.